What is Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Principle for a New home
Bhoomi- Mother earth, according to Hindu mythology earth is considered as our goddess and mother. Bhoomi Puja is the first thing we Hindus do before constructing a house and it is highly recommended by Vastu Shastra. The worship of land is considered very auspicious and done with the hope of hurdle less and smooth construction of the building, another reason is for asking forgiveness from the motherland in case any trouble causes to other living beings while construction process.
Please take care the following Bhoomi poojan Vastu tips:
- Always do Bhoomi Pujan in North East direction only.
- Water tanks should be constructed in northeast or north direction only.
- According to Vastu rules a home or a building’s face should be in a north or east direction, east because the first Sun rays enter your house providing the perfect light and energy you require to kick start your day. You are reading Vastu tips for new home/ plat direction.
- These two directions are considered to be good, as per Vastu as these two directions bring positive energy to home and the home occupants.
- Direction has a positive and negative impact on the dwellers of home, therefore if your plot’s face is already southwest direction, extra care should be taken in construction.
- According to Vastu, for home construction, the ideal shape of a plot is square or rectangle. Irregular shapes of plots should be avoided.
- Vastu gives us the perfect ratio of length and breadth of the home, it should be 1:1, 1:1.5 or 1:2.
- One more important thing that one should keep in mind while buying a plot is that the corners of the plot in the east, west, north, and south must not be missing, it should have all the corners of four directions without any irregularity, cuts, etc.
- Two shapes are considered the best for homes and commercial purposes buildings. The two shapes are Shermuksi and Gaumukhi.
- According to Vastu, these shapes help bring peace, prosperity and well being to the persons living in the home or building.
- The Gaumukhi shape is said to be ideal for homes, in which the structure is narrow at the entry and wide at the back.
- Just opposite of Gaumukhi, Shermukhi shape is wide at the entrance and narrow from the back and are considered best for the commercial buildings.
As per the famous Vastu consultant Arti Mittal, The kitchen is the center of cooking food and food is the basis of our physical and mental health. Therefore, if the kitchen is situated in the right and auspicious direction and its composition is adapted to the rules of Vastu Shastra, then not only the cook, but also all the family members who consume that food, have a profound effect. According to Vastu rules the kitchen should be in the south-east corner of the house.
- A few things to remember are that the kitchen should not be in the front of the entrance gate or adjacent/above the prayer hall.
- Working in a kitchen while facing east direction is considered auspicious. Avoid making a kitchen near to lavatory. You are reading vastu tips for kitchen.
- While constructing the kitchen, always take care that the door is never in the south direction.
- Lighting of the kitchen such as a window or a bulb must be in the east and north direction.
- Make a window in the kitchen that opens in the east direction, so that the morning sun rays can enter the kitchen.
- Knives, scissors or any other sharp things should not be hung on the kitchen wall. This condition of goods also creates many problems.
- The ideal situation when preparing food is to face eastward. If the mouth faces south while cooking, the women of the house may face problems. Causing Kitchen Vastu Dosh or Rasoi Vastu Dosh.
- If you prepare food by facing towards the south-west direction, then the culmination of Kitchen Vastu Dosh can disturb the peace and happiness of the house.
- Cooking food facing west direction can cause skin and bone diseases. This also becomes a reason for Kitchen(Rasoi) Vastu Dosh.
- If the food is cooked by facing north, then there is a fear of financial loss.
- The stove in the kitchen should not be facing north and south because the north direction is of Kuber and the fire of Kubera is not made by God. Also, the stove should never be kept adjacent to the wall.
- There should be no green and black stone in the kitchen. This is more appropriate if it is colored red.
- Dustbin placed in the kitchen should always be in the northwest.
- There should always be a distance in the stove and sink in the kitchen.
- The fridge in the kitchen should always be in the northwest direction.
- If you do not have any other option for any one or more of the above, then there is another solution for you, which will definitely remove the Vaastu defects of your kitchen. Put rock salt in a small bowl of copper and keep it in the kitchen in the east direction, by doing this your kitchen will be defective.
- The position of the gas stove in the kitchen should also be such that it is not visible to anyone from outside.
- In the end, one more thing to know is that if ants or cheetahs speak in your kitchen, then this also indicates the phenomenon of raising the way of expenditure of money. Keep small camphor lumps in the path of ants or ants. You will get amazing benefits by doing this.
There should never be any kind of balcony in the kitchen. It increases negative energy.
Whenever you eat food in the kitchen, take care that you never sit in the middle of the kitchen. Also, do not face towards west and south direction while eating. It is not auspicious.
Bedroom Vastu is also a main subject when we are talking about home vastu tips. We can’t ignore the Vastu norms in this main location of our house. The ideal direction of a bedroom is in the Southwest corner of a house with an entry door located in the east or north direction. There are some other Vastu tips for Bedroom:
- Vastu norms say that a bedroom should be in a square or a rectangle shape only.
- We can use a picture of rising sun in the east side of our bedroom. It brings positive energy in the bedroom.
- We should a picture of a running horse in your bedroom in the south direction. It is said that a running horse symbolizes speed, intensity, energy, independence and success. By using such a picture at home, it brings happiness.
- Photos of flowers should be put in the bedroom, it gives us a feeling of freshness.
- If there is a beam in the bedroom, do not place your bed or dining table under it.
- Keep in mind that brooms should not be kept in the bedroom.
- For the love of husband and wife, keep a picture of love birds or a pair of madarin duck or put a picture of family with a happy posture.
Vastu tips for Happy Married Life
- Bedroom Vastu also plays an important role in ones marital life. According to Vastu Shastra if things are not maintained properly in the bedroom, then couples face all kinds of problems in life.
- If there are distances between husband and wife, then in order to strengthen their relationship, light two red candles in the bedroom.
- Apart from this, small stones can also be kept in glass or ceramic pot. This will infuse positive energy in the room and increase the love between the two.
- Do not put pictures with water in the bedroom. Rather, place any romantic picture in its place. It can also be of any bird. But keep in mind that the bird should not be alone but in pairs.
Just like everything is governed with a set of rules, the prayer hall or Pooja Room of your house should also be made with Vastu principles to attain all the positivity and benefits. Many people tend to avoid construing a separate Pooja hall in their house but why? Because the Pooja room is the one that has all the good vibrations we need in the morning. So creating a space for worshipping is one good thing to keep in mind which would help channelize harmonious vibrations at our house for the whole day. According to Vastu, you must worship facing east direction.
You need to follow following Vastu Tips for Pooja Room:
- The direction of Pooja- Ghar or worship-room has special significance at home. According to Vastu, the best direction of the house of worship is considered to be the north-east direction.
- The color of the pooja house should be white or light cream.
- According to the Vastu, Pics/Status of God should never be more than 8 inches high. Otherwise, the head of the household gets the chance of getting a certain amount of trouble from the children.
- Do not build kitchens, toilets, worship houses near each other.
- Pooja-Ghar Should not be under the stairs in the house.
- Do not make the puja house in the bedroom, if the temple is built in the bedroom due to lack of space, then put curtains around the temple.
- No fragmentary idol of any god should ever be kept in the temple. Also there should not be many idols of the same god.
- Do not keep the picture of God or your idol etc. in the wrong angle, even by mistake. This causes interruptions in the work being done.
- Establish the temple on the main day of that deity or when the lunar is complete or on the 5,10,15 date. Same in case of Installing a new idol of the God in the temple.
- Do not establish the fiery god (like Kali) in the house.
- No fragmentary idol of any god should ever be kept in the temple. No fragmentary idol of any god should ever be kept in the temple. Also there should not be many idols of the same god.
- Toilets are prohibited in the vicinity of the worship house, up or down. Complete cleanliness and purity in and around the worship hall is mandatory.
Ways to solve Home Vastu Dosh
- According to Vastu Shastra, horseshoe hanging in the house is considered very auspicious. So put a black horse U-shaped cord on your main door. With which you will continue to get security and positive energy. Similarly, make a big swastika symbol of vermilion at the main entrance of the house. Because Swastik has special importance in our culture. Vastu dosha will be removed by making Swastik at the main entrance of the house.
- To get rid of Vastu Dosha, you should read the unbroken Ramayana at home for 9 days. Put a vase on the north-east corner of the house and if that urn is of clay, it will be better. Make sure that the urn is never broken. If you believe in Vastu Shastra, then you should put a picture of the mountain behind in the hall of your house or where you sit. By doing this your confidence and will power will increase. With these measures, you can easily remove Vastu defects of your home.
- Sometimes in the house one should mop with salt water.
- Make a dehri at the main gate in the house. Due to this, bad and other defects do not enter the house.
- Blue color should never be done in the kitchen. Because blue color is considered a symbol of poison.
According to Indian Vastu Shastra, broken utensils in the house promote negative energy and inhibit wealth growth. So avoid doing this. Sell the vessel. This is better. Where water goes out in the house also depends on the speed of your money. According to Indian architecture, if you choose south and west places for drainage. So it is better in terms of Vastu. It is said that in such a situation, one does not have to face any problems related to economic problems.
Stay tuned to famous astrologer’s official page for more astrological facts.