International Desk, Delhi Magazine: On Thursday, March 16, the Indian Defense Ministry has approved the purchase of weapons worth Rs 70,500 crore. India has been aggressively buying and accumulating weapons for a long time. Its advice is also the report of SIPRI i.e. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, which came 4 days ago on March 13. According to this, India is the largest buyer of arms in the world.
Which Countries are on top in buying and selling weapons
- Since 1993, India has been on the top position in the list of buying arms continuously.
- Between 2018 and 2022, India accounts for 11% of the total arms purchases worldwide.
- After India, Saudi Arabia is second in arms purchase and Qatar is third.
- America accounts for 40% of the total arms exports in the world.
- From 2018 to 2022, America has sold 41% of weapons to Middle East countries.
- In the last 5 years, the purchase of arms decreased by 5% in the world. At the same time, European countries bought 47% more weapons.
- In the last 5 years, leaving America behind, France has become the second largest arms seller to India.
America sells the most weapons in the world
America is at number one among the top five arms selling countries. Russia on the second after America. Then comes the number of France, China and Germany. From the year 2018 to 2022, the share of these 5 countries in the total arms export of the world is 76%. While America alone accounts for 40% of the total arms exports.
You would like to read: Simple and easy Mehndi Designs.
Between 2013 and 2017, India bought 64% of its total arms imports from Russia. At the same time, between 2018 and 2022, this data of weapons purchased from Russia has come down to 45%.