Lifestyle Desk, Delhi Magazine: Yoga is the key to ignite the powers of the soul from within. It is the self-awakening and self-realization of the inner and outer world.The path to change self is not that easy. Habits are developed with due time and once developed becomes our personality. Yoga is not the cure to solve problems but has the power to transform our personality. Everything is interconnected, Eyes connects the moment, moment connects the breath, breath connects the mind, mind connects the muscle, muscle connects with nervous system, nervous system connects your body, body connects with your senses and senses connects with the soul. Yoga has the beauty to balance the five elements of our body. When there is peace, love and harmony in the five elements, then there is bliss and there is joy not just within you but also around you.
In these fast phases of life, when life is surrounded by negative situations, it is the belief in yoga and the blessings of lord that can make you come out of the difficult situations. Situations changes, people changes but what should not change is the belief that you carry within your soul towards the connection with yoga and the power of Lord. Yoga connects us with the supreme soul. Taking control of breathing is the way to gain divine energy.
Yoga has the power to give you the key for inner silence which unlock the potential of meeting divine energy. To harmonize the body, mind and spirit, yoga is the ultimate path. Performing asana, pranayama and chanting ‘AUM’ heals the chakras which deals with cosmic energy insight, truth, love, willpower, pleasure and survival. Life is blissful when all the chakras are balanced.
Yoga teaches you to listen to your body
Yoga ignites the power from within. The power that has nothing to do with what you say, what you do or what you look like or skills you have, talents or what you have. It is the power of your presence. It is the heat and light from your burning log, it touches everyone who comes in contact with. We all have the power to create our life. The key is finding the tool that enables us to make choices from the bottom of our soul.
- Yoga takes you to the present moment, the only place where life exits.
- Yoga is the light which once lit, will never dim
- Yoga transforms the person who does
- Close your eyes and open your mind
- Here and now is where the yoga begins
- Connecting the body, mind and soul
Rig Veda Shaloka – Sangachadwam Samvadadwam and its meaning-
Let us move together, Let us talk together
Let our minds be in harmony
Samano Mantrah Samitih Samani
Common be our prayers, Common be our end
Samanam Manah Saha Cittameeesam
Common be our purpose, Common be our deliberations
Samani Va Akutih, Samanam Hydrayani Vah
United be our intensions, United be our heart
Samani Vomano, Yatha Vah Susahasati
Perfect be union among us
Yoga restores tone & tune of internal organs
Benefits of Setu Badhasana
- It helps reduce belly fat
- It relieves the stiffness of the spine
- It helps with proper digestion
- It helps in relieving symptoms of constipation
- It increases elasticity of the spine and makes it supple
- It tones spinal nerves
Benefits of Dhanurasana– Bow Pose
- Effective in weight loss.
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Helps to cure dyspepsia (obesity), rheumatism and gastrointestinal problems.
- Cures constipation.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Gives flexibility to the back.
- Strengthens back muscles.
- Improve the function of liver, pancreas, small intestine and big intestine.
- Act as a stress reliever.
- Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest, and abdominal organs.
- Cure menstruation disorder.
- Improve function of kidney and liver.
- It improves posture.
- Releases back pain.
- Cures respiratory disorder like asthma.
- Helpful is stimulating reproductive organs.
Sirf Chand minute yoga……..
Bada faida hoga
Only a few minute yoga can do wonders in life
Benefits of the Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana)
- Strengthens and tones the arms, legs and lower back.
- Improves balance in the body, helps increase stamina.
- Beneficial for those with sedentary or deskbound jobs.
- Extremely beneficial in case of frozen shoulders.
- Releases stress in the shoulders very effectively in a short span of time.
Benefits of Kapotasana
- Stretches the entire front of the body, the ankles, thighs and groins, bdomen and chest, and throat.
- Stretches the deep hip flexors (psoas)
- Strengthens back muscles.
- Improves posture.
- Stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
Benefits of Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- Highly beneficial in curing abdominal ailments and constipation.
- Intestines and abdominal organs are stretched and exercised.
- Helpful in relieving inflammation and bleeding of piles.
- Prevents respiratory disorders such as asthma and bronchitis.
- Alleviates back pain by improving the blood circulation in the spine.
- Improves the functioning of thyroid gland and develops strong immune system.
- Stimulates the functioning of pelvic region by increasing blood flow in this area.
Yoga can do wonders in life
It calms the mind and body. The control on breath will create a blissful shake-up in your entire personality. It indeed provides happiness and calmness. Performing Yoga with partners or children can makes it more joyful creating a strong happy bond with them.
Yoga To boost confidence level
- Beauty lies in the strong body, mind and soul
Yoga To Improve Postures
- The good posture is defined as that condition in which the body is held in balanced position for a long time without felling fatigued. A good posture is a symbol of good health, self-confident and firmity, while poor posture is related with unhealthy respiration, anxiety and sadness.
Yoga can cure several postural deformities like: –
Posture Defects Helpful Yoga Asanas
- KYPHOSIS (Round Back) – Naukasana, Dhanurasana
- Lordosis (Hollow Back) – Paschimottana Asana
- Rigid Spine – Chakra Asana (Bridge Pose)
- Kypho-Lordosis (Round and Hollow Back) – Dhanurasana
Yoga for Eyes
In this modern fast world, how will the work happen with tired eyes? Give your eyes a better view of the world.
- YOGA Brings Happiness and Peace
- Be A YOGI
- Once A yogi will remain a Yogi forever
- Yoga is a way of life
- Yoga is connecting with the divine world
- Yoga is the best way to attain harmony in body and mind
- Connection with yoga means connecting with your own soul
You would also like to read about Suryanamaskar Yoga.
(Facilitator, Table-Tennis Player and Yoga Practitioner)