Lifestyle Desk, Delhi Magazine: If the nipples become hard in the cold, this is the same reflex that is responsible for goosebumps. Back when our ancestors had hair all over their bodies, standing up was a way of keeping heat in. The hair may have disappeared, but the reflex remained. Nipples often react to touch by contracting, which can be attributed to the irritation of the nerves. If nipples show through clothing, you can tape the nipples. There are several ways to do this, which we will present to you in this article. We also tell you what you can use with a thin bikini or underwear and what you should definitely not do to cover the nipples.
Why do nipples get stiff?
A phenomenon that probably everyone knows: a cool draft and the nipples contract and stand up. Arousal, friction, hypersensitivity, ovulation or pregnancy can also lead to stiff nipples. In some people, the nipples are even permanently erect. There are many nerves in and around the nipples that react sensitively to physical and psychological stimuli. The main reason why nipples get hard is arousal. It doesn’t matter whether it’s physical through touch (which doesn’t have to affect the breast directly), or mentally through exciting thoughts.
While some people don’t care and even accept the appearance of nipples through clothing, many people prefer to keep them hidden. If you prefer to keep this part of your body private, make sure your nipples are hidden and you will feel more comfortable in your clothes and your body.
What can I do to keep my nipples from showing through my clothes?
In some situations it would be inappropriate for the nipples to show under clothing. There are some tools to ensure that the nipples do not show under the top. Hard nipples cannot be prevented per se, but they can be masked in such a way that they remain completely invisible to other people.
If you want to prevent other people from seeing more than they should, a padded bra or cup bra can help. Due to the thicker fabric and the firm shell, the nipples can usually not push through. The push-up bra, which is popular with many women, usually prevents it from showing. However, since these bras can get very warm, especially in summer, nipple pads can also be used as an alternative. These are glued to the nipples and prevent them from pushing through. A similar effect can be achieved with skin-friendly patches, although you have to be careful not to injure the sensitive skin on the chest by removing them.
1. Wear a t-shirt bra to cover your nipples through everyday tops. To make sure your nipples don’t show through the fabric of your shirt, opt for bras with heavy fabric cups, usually called molded bras, form-fitting bras, or t-shirt bras. They won’t have a lot of extra padding, but the fabric will be strong enough to keep your nipples from showing.
- Padded bras will provide extra nipple coverage.
2. Wear a strapless bra for added support in a backless top. This type of bra has two cups that stick to your breasts with adhesive, rather than attaching them at the back and shoulders. It often has a clip in the middle, like a front bra, that lets you connect the cups for more push-ups. You can buy this type of bra online or at some lingerie stores.
- To put on a strapless, backless bra, bend over and stick the cup to the outside of each breast, then clip them together to create a cleavage.
- Wash the adhesive side of your bra after use with soap and water. Let it dry and store it in its original packaging for reuse.
3. Place a pastie or nipple cover under a thin bra for extra coverage. If you prefer to wear bras with lace or sheer fabrics, glue them on before you wear them. You can enjoy the look of these slimmer bras without worrying about your nipples showing through.
4. Wear reusable silicone nipple covers under thin fabrics. These small, circular, or flower-shaped adhesive covers are designed to cover only your nipples, making them a great option for cut-off tops and sheer or sheer fabrics that might expose your nipples. Stick the adhesive side to your nipple and press gently. Look for a color close to your skin for the least visible solution.
- You can buy stick-on nipple covers online or at stores that sell bras and related accessories.
- Wash blankets with mild soap and water after use and store in original packaging for reuse. The adhesive will eventually wear off, but many covers come with a 30-50 year warranty.
5. Wear a thick or loose fabric top to avoid getting stuck. Thin, tight shirts will make your nipples more obvious. A loose T-shirt or top, or a thick fabric top or dress will conceal them without any additional accessories.
- You can also look for a double-layered top or dress, such as briefs or lace on the chest.
6. Look for a darker shirt with a print to distract you from your nipples. Light colors like white and pale pink will make your nipples more visible than darker ones like black, purple and dark blue. Small prints and floral patterns can also help camouflage your nipples.
- Avoid tops that draw attention to the nipples with darts or other structured elements.
You would also love to read about: Best exercises for saggy boobs.
7. Wear a singlet under a loose shirt. If your shirt is loose and flowy but thin enough to show off your nipples, try wearing a thin camisole or undershirt underneath. Look for a color that will blend into the shirt or skin. You can also choose a color that complements your top and pull it down slightly to color your outfit nicely.
- You can also try this method with tighter shirts, but your jersey lines will likely be visible underneath.
You would also like to read about : Vaginal Relaxation Syndrome (Large Vagina Syndrome).
5. Try disposable patties for a cheap and unique cover. Like the silicone covers, the pasties are placed directly on your nipple and stay stuck. They are less expensive and come in packs of 4 to 6, as they are intended for one-time use. Some people prefer pastries because they are less noticeable under tight shirts than silicone covers, which are thick and can stand out under tight fabric. On the other hand, pasties may not be as adept at hiding your nipples when they harden.
- Try nipple covers and pasties to see what works best to conceal your nipples.