LifeStyle Desk, Delhi- Magazine: Vijay Mallya first married to Sameera, with whom he has a son Siddharth. A few years later, after getting divorced from Sameera, Mallya married Rekha, who lived in his neighborhood in Bangalore. Vijay and Rekha have two daughters, named Leena and Tanya Mallya.
Sameera Tyabji has a special place in Vijay Mallya’s life. Sameera was the air hostess of Air India Airlines. It was so beautiful to look at. In such a situation, when Vijay Mallya saw him, he became crazy at first sight.
Who is Vijay Mallya’s Daughter Tanya Mallya?
Vijay Mallya has a daughter named Tanya Mallya. She is very fond of photography. In 2013, Tanya went to Paris on the ‘National Geographic Student Expedition’ to learn digital photography.
Tanya was a part of controversy in September 2010. Her father Vijay Mallya bought her a penthouse named after him in a 36-storey Trump Plaza building, worth $10 million. He paid $4.6 million, but according to documents from the New York Department of Finance, he did not pay the remaining money. Due to which Tanya had to leave the penthouse.
Vijay Mallya’s Daughter – Leena Mallya
Vijay Mallya’s second daughter is Leena Mallya. According to media reports, she is a businessman. Lena holds American citizenship and lives in San Francisco.
It is also said that some part of Vijay Mallya’s property is also in the name of Leena. Leena’s name is also in the registered Balaji Trust in Bahamas.
Vijay Mallya’s Step Daughter – Laila Mallya
Apart from Leena, Vijay Mallya also has a step-daughter named Laila Mallya. Vijay Mallya married his own neighbor Rekha in Bengaluru after separating from his first wife Sameera. This was the second marriage for both Rekha and Vijay.
Rekha’s first husband Mr. Mehmood was a good friend of Vijay and from the first husband Rekha gave birth to a girl Laila, who was later adopted by Vijay Mallya. After adoption, Laila Mahmood came to be known as Laila Mallya.
Laila is a fine jewelry designer and outsources her products to a lifestyle store called Kahava in Bangalore. She has appeared in many fashion week shows.
The Laila Mallya’s name was associated with Lalit Modi
Laila used to work with former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi. Along with Lalit Modi, her name also came in the IPL controversy. But later she said that she did not have any business relationship with Lalit Modi. Laila does business of lifestyle accessories. Her business has spread to Europe and the US.
Laila’s royal wedding took place in Indonesia
Laila is married to her family friend Samar Singh. Samar Singh is an investment banker. They were married in a resort on Bali Island, Indonesia. It is said that the program of Laila’s marriage lasted for three days. Close to Vijay Mallya and Siddharth Mallya were involved in this marriage.
Who is Vijay Mallya
Liquor businessman Vijay Mallya is living in London after defrauding Indian banks of about Rs 9000 crore. Vijay Mallya had inherited the business of liquor from his father Vitthal Mallya. He selected people from reputed management institutes of the country and gave a corporate form to this liquor industry. Vijay Mallya has become this condition due to his habit of buying new companies in a jiffy and sometimes taking decisions without checking the books of account.
After completing his initial studies at La Martiniere School, Vijay Mallya took a Bachelor of Commerce degree from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata. After this, Vijay Mallya became the chairman of the company in 1983 after the death of his father Vittal Mallya at the age of 28. In 1986, Vijay Mallya married air hostess Sameera Tyabji.
According to the people associated with him, the liquor business in India is not seen in a good light. Mallya wanted people to know him not as a big liquor businessman, but as an industrialist. They wanted to get rid of this stigma. Mallya invested money in companies of engineering, fertilizers, television and charter airlines.
You would also like to read about : Study room decoration ideas.
Crores spent on Airline
When the airline started, Mallya made a lot of money. When a passenger missed a flight, they used to send him to his destination by another airline. He assumed that people would break into his flying five star hotel. Expensive foreign magazines and magazines were ordered for the travelers. All these expenses had an impact on the company’s profits.
Banks loan on Mallya
SBI 1600 crore
PNB 800 Crore
IDBI 800 crore
Bank of India 650 Crore
Bank Of Baroda 550 Crore
United Bank of India 430 crores
Central Bank of India 410 crores
UCO Bank 320 Crore
Corporation Bank 310 Crore
State Bank Of Mysore 150 Crore
India Overseas Bank 140 crore
Federal Bank 90 crore
Punjab Sind Bank 60 Crore
Axis Bank 50 Crore
Mallya’s Total Assests?
- Mallya has an island called ‘Monto Carlo’. They also have ‘Thinkara’, the beach of the sea in Lakshadweev.
- ‘Mabula Game Lodge’ spread over 12 thousand hectares in South Africa.
- Tourism sites spread over 1000 acres in the Himalayas.
- ‘UB City’ spread over 1.6 million square feet near Bangalore.
- Houses in Scotland Palace, London and Monte Carlon, properties in Manhattan and homes in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Mallya’s Assets Worth
- In the year 2007, Forbes magazine had told Mallya’s assets to be $ 160 million (Rs 10 thousand 7 hundred crores).
- In 2012 it fell to $ 800 million
- In the same year, Forbes removed Mallya’s name from the list of billionaires of the world.
Kingfisher also closed in 2012 itself.
- Mallya was also a Rajya Sabha MP. In sports, he was also the owner of Sahara Force India, Royal Challengers Bangalore, McDowell, Mohun Bagan, Kingfisher and East Bengal.
Vijay Mallya’s reach in the Indian government has been very deep. Vijay Mallya has held various government posts in the Government of India since 2002.
- Vijay Mallya was a member of the Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Defense from 2002 to February 2004, October 2004 to April 2008.
- He was a member of the Committee on Science and Technology and the Environment and Forests Committee from September 2002 to February 2003.
- He was a member of the Defense Committee from September 2003 to February 2004.
He was a member of Committee on Industries from August 2004 to April 2008.
- From September 2004 to April 2008, he was a member of several committees on Long Industry of the Government of India.
- From August 2007 to April 2008, he was a member of Sub-Committee-2 on Small Scale Industries.
- In 2010 again became a member of Industry Committee.
Member of Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers since August 2012.