Hollywood News, Delhi Magazine: Thomas Jeffrey Hanks is an outstanding artist has been known for a long time. After all, it is thanks to his acting roles that films such as “Forrest Gump”, “Saving Private Ryan” or “Sleepless in Seattle” have become true pearls of cinema. However, Tom Hanks is not only interesting roles, but also a personality. Check out what you have not known about the Hollywood star so far. He is married with Rita Wilson.
Know some more interesting facts about Tom Hunks
- The actor spent most of his childhood in foster homes, although both his parents were still alive. Tom Hanks dreamed of becoming an astronaut. Although he made a career in Hollywood, he continued to be interested in space. His commitment was recognized and in 2006 he received an award that is given to civilians who contribute to public awareness of space programs.
- Soccer is not the most popular sport in the United States, but Tom Hanks loves the sport and has his favorite club, Astin Villa.
- He collects old typewriters and knows them so well that he even wrote an article in The Times about the specifications of individual typewriters.
- Hanks was so sure that Forrest Gump would be a success that he thanked him for his salary, asking him to be paid with a portion of the profits. He was right. The film grossed $ 680 million, of which he received as much as $ 40 million.
- He received the highest possible civilian decoration from the US Navy. This is a reward for sensitivity and accurate portrayal of characters from the armed forces, which he has repeatedly portrayed in films.
- He is one of Steven Spielberg’s favorite actors. He played in 5 of his films.
- He was one of the first world stars to contract the coronavirus. He informed about his health on social media.