Driven by a strong need to move to feel good physically and mentally, among the various activities carried out within the walls of the house during the lockdown, many people have discovered and found support in meditation. Suffice it to say that according to recent Business Standard research it is estimated that in 2020 more than 55 million Americans have started practicing yoga, perhaps precisely as a result of isolation. In fact as never before, this summer, Italians will remain in the Bel Paese going in search of unexplored territories, food and wine and cultural itineraries, without however, renouncing the physical and mental well-being of meditation. The choice therefore, falls on structures with large green spaces and equipped rooms where you can practice meditation alone or accompanied by teachers.The retreats of inner practice favor an ideal space to find peace and tranquillity, reduce the levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, allow you to detach yourself from the daily routine and expand your mental perception.
Considered one of the most beautiful countries in the world, there is no shortage of places to visit in Italy!
“Italy is one of the favorite destinations for local and foreign tourists who want to marry inner well-being with the natural and landscape beauties of our beautiful country – says Andrea Di Terlizzi, writer, scholar and Master of Interior Sciences – The Assisi area in the green heart of Umbria hosts a rich offer of structures and centres where you can practice meditation and similar disciplines. Instead, among the cypresses and rolling hills of the Tuscan countryside, more and more hotels, resorts and similar structures are prepared to welcome yoga and meditation groups with spaces dedicated to the discipline. Precisely in these lands, from 28 to 31 August, we will organize an interior practice retreat in San Quiricod’Orcia (SI). The Trentino area is also quite equipped: here the peace, the energy of the mountains and the woods are the masters, amplifying the benefits. A little less structured for the reception of meditation groups are the seaside resorts, traditionally more fun-oriented holiday resorts. Despite this, Sardinia has become the favorite destination for those who love to practice meditation surrounded by the relaxing sound of the sea “.
But that is not all. If the benefits of a holiday are already well known, the beneficial effects deriving from a holiday dedicated to meditation are still little known . From a study conducted by the Icahn School of Medicine of Mount Sinai, in collaboration with the University of California and Harvard Medical School and published in Science Daily, it emerged that by comparing the two types of vacation, that of meditation allows you to extend the benefits of the holiday, increasing antiviral activity and improving the biological response to depressive and stress-related symptoms. And again, the inner experience of the hermitage, understood as an experience of profound pacification of the heart and mind, favors a complete system of regeneration and pacification of psychophysical well-being.
Consequently, what are the destinations where it is possible to obtain greater benefits for mind and body, in addition to those already indicated by Andrea Di Terlizzi? For those who never want to give up the sea during their holidays, on the splendid island of Filicudi, the smallest of the seven Aeolian islands, you can participate in various meditation seminars. In the countryside of Zollino, a town in the province of Lecce, in the heart of Salento, you have the opportunity to take part in yoga courses with the participation of teachers from all over the world. Even in the splendid lagoon of Lake Burano, a WWF oasis in Capalbio, in the province of Grosseto, seminars and yoga and meditation classes are held almost every summer on the sea surrounded by the thick fauna and vegetation of the protected reserve.
Here are the ten perfect Italian destinations for meditation:
Taormina is a quaint little town, perched on a high slope above the Ionian Sea on the east coast of Sicily. The symbol of this fantastic city is the ancient Greek theater, from which among other things you can enjoy a crazy view.
The old city is located 200 meters above the sea level. The medieval streets and the romantic air that reigns in this place have inspired several writers such as DH Lawrence and Truman Capote.
1. The peace, the energy of the mountains and woods of Trentino amplify the physical and mental benefits of those who choose this area for meditation
2. The saturated air and the relaxing noise of the flowing water inside the caves of Villanova in Friuli-Venezia Giulia make the meditation experience unique next to masters and professionals
3. On the long pier of Alassio in Liguria, tourists and residents have the opportunity to participate in free yoga in a picturesque setting, between the sky and the sea
4. In the small village of Cocconato, between the Langhe and Monferrato in Piedmont, artistic and cultural activities, wine tasting tours and yoga lessons are held in the middle of the vineyards
5. The Val d’Orcia in Tuscany with its rolling hills embellished by tall cypresses offers an incomparable landscape and peace where you can meditate. Saturnia is a spa town in Tuscany in north-central Italy. The thermal waterfalls of Saturnia are well known for their therapeutic properties and allow you a few days of relaxation and well-being.
6. Yoga and meditation classes are held directly on the shoreline on the extensive coast of Cervia in Emilia-Romagna at sunset
7. The area of Assisi and Terni in the green heart of Umbria host a rich offer of structures and centers where you can practice meditation and similar disciplines
8. In the heart of Salento, in Puglia, between trulli and immense fields of olive trees secular, farms and resorts arise that offer yoga courses with the participation of masters from all over the world
9. Among the small rocky and silent coves of Sardinia you can fully enjoy the benefits of meditation lulled by the sound of the sea waves
10. On the island of Filicudi, the smallest of the Aeolian islands, and in the Ragusa countryside in Sicily, every year seminars and yoga and meditation courses.
The Maddalena Archipelago is a group of islands in Sardinia. This place is a true paradise in the heart of the Mediterranean. It is really difficult to describe its beauty, its incredible beaches and its crystal clear water. Surely one of the most enchanting places to visit in Italy.
To protect its fragile beauty, the archipelago has been designated a national park. The islands of La Maddalena truly offer dream scenarios.
Worth to Read: Munaar : Where the Beauty is Beheld!